
I think the 4th of July is my favorite holiday. We have a tradition here that we have stuck with for about 4 years now. It starts with going to the parade with friends (we sit in the same spot every year). Then we spend the day at the "4th @ Firestone". It's activities that the town puts together. There's music, food, activities for the kids, and booths for people to advertise. Towards evening we spend at own friend's house, the Taylor's, where a bunch of families get together and eat and socialize, while the kids play. Once it gets dark, we head over to the golf course and wait for the fireworks to start. It is so fun being able to create these traditions with friends since we live so far away from our family.
This picture was taken last year. I will post this year's pictures later.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Happy Independence Day!
Posted by Brandie Lyon at 4:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
We missed you guys this year - Betsy and her clan were sick and Adam and Michelle didn't make it either. Of course, Jared and Theresa were on vacation elsewhere, so it was kinda quiet. You guys should really make plans to come next year - we always have a big too-doo on Memorial Day and on the 4th - any options?
We missed being with you guys this year!
Oh, that looks like so much fun. I wish I could have been there.
Post a Comment