Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First day of school 2009



I can't believe I'm down to one child at home. Jude has started kindergarten this year. He is only going half days which is good not only for him, but for me as well. He is really enjoying school which is great! For about the last year anytime we'd mention him going to school he would start crying. As soon as he met his teacher a couple of days before school started, he became at ease. He's been waking up on his own every day and getting ready by himself before anyone else is awake. He comes home happy and excited to share what he has learned.
I was really sick the first day of school so I didn't get to take my kids to school. I was very sad that I didn't get to see Jude off his first day. But obviously, everything went well.
Garrett has started 5th grade and seems to have good teachers. His math teacher is very 'gung ho' about math, which hopefully, will be good for him. Both teachers have claimed to allow kids time in class to do homework, so if Garrett is smart he'll take advantage of that.
Dallin has started 3rd grade. He came home excited about his teacher and the things they will accomplish this year. Dallin is an excellent student, I know he'll do great.

2 comments:

Chris Z said...

So I take it Jacob has just dropped out of school then. Am I right? ;-)

jlk said...

Mini-me just started her first day of Kindergarten today. It's all day. I am loving just having one at home. It's so quiet! That's all going to change in about 4 months, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts :)