Thursday, September 24, 2009

Love where we live.

We live in a great area. We are still a small little country town, but only 5-7 minutes from a main highway. There are shopping malls, movie theaters, and any type of restaraunt you can think of, any direction you want to go. Not to mention, our church is only about 5 minutes away. There's talk of Target coming to our tiny town. The library is brand new and in walking distance.
Another great thing is we are only about 40 minutes from Denver. Denver has a nice zoo, Nature and Science Museum, a number of major sports teams, and is one of the big cities where Broadway plays come. We've seen Phantom, Les Mis., The Lion King, and Wicked. We have the opportunity to see Wicked again twice this fall. I'm so excited! In October, we are taking our 3 older boys to see it. We told them it was their Christmas present, which I'm not sure they are thrilled about, but they sure are excited to see the play. In November, we are going with a bunch of other grown-up friends to see it.
Last, but certainly not least, our Temple is only an hour away, along with Deseret Bookstore, and Maggie Moo's.
So, if you don't already live here in our tiny town of Firestone, and you are wondering if you should, I say "YES"!

3 comments:

mmmandy! said...

Umm... the best part of living in your town, is that YOU are there!! Incentive enough, I say!

Clarissa said...

You DO live in a great location! And I thought Madison was great! I would LVOE to get a Deseret Book somewhere close!

Chris and Rita said...

I miss Firestone...and of course all of the wonderful people there. (: I wish our library was within walking distance. We are 20 min away! bummer.