Monday, July 19, 2010
A weekend to remember
Saturday is our Chore Day. The kids have their own assigned jobs to do. We do this on Saturday because we like to have a clean house for the Sabbath. After all, who can rest on the Sabbath if you have a messy house. Anyway, many times our kids need encouragement and incentive to get their chores done. Most of the time ice cream and Geo caching is involved. Well, this particular Saturday was a beautiful day, so we decided to head up to the mountains and do some Geo Caching there. There was quite a few and the kids enjoyed it because it involved a lot of rock climbing and exploring. While we were up there in Estes Park Jason and I decided to show the kids the condo we stayed in when we were there for Jason's birthday. This place is awesome, private hot tubs,beautiful view of the Fall River, and many other amenities. We were driving in and Jason says, "what do you think about us staying the night here? I don't have to teach at church tomorrow?" I didn't have to teach either, so of course I said yes! Mind you, the only things we had in the car,besides our children, were water bottles, sunscreen, bug spray, and trail mix. We checked and there was a vacancy. They gave us a key so we could show the kids what it looked like. They of course loved it and wanted to stay, but it was a bit pricey. Jason went back to the office, charmed the teenage girl a bit and she knocked $100 off the price. We decided to stay! We weren't all that concerned about clothes for the kids. Luckily, the condo had a washer and dryer. Our plan was to let the kids just wear their underwear or shorts in the hot tub, and when they were done, they could wear the dry garment while the wet one was in the dryer. It worked out well. From our balcony I could see the kids exploring the area around the river. It was very relaxing. Later, we went to the one and only Grocery store there and picked up a few things for dinner and breakfast for the morning. In the morning, we checked out, and then headed up to RMNP. We rode the shuttle bus to one of the hiking spots, and hiked up to the water falls. It was a weekend of great adventure. I love being spontaneous! I'm happy I married one who does as well. It was great being able to enjoy the beautiful world God created for us, and to share that joy with my family. It will definitely be a weekend to remember.
Posted by Brandie Lyon at 11:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
That is so awesome! I wish I was rich and I would buy a Condo up there and share it with everyone! I love RMNP and Estes Park!
Chris and I went away for our anniversary to a condo by that river and came home Saturday and took our kids back up there to stay for the weekend. It was so spontaneous and fun! We went sledding and they have always remembered it 8 yrs later. I love doing the unexpected. It makes life alot more fun!
Post a Comment