We've had some issues with tonsils lately. Well maybe not lately, for years actually. It's just recently I decided to do something about it.
Jude before Surgery
Jude has always snored, had sleep apnea, croupy cough, and stopped up nose. For years he had what we called "the infamous booger". There was one in the same nostril always for years. Because of his cough we called him "croup dog". He didn't like that so much. We took him to the Dr. numerous times, but they would pass it off as allergies, asthma, whatever. No matter what meds we gave him nothing worked.
Lyddie's before 
Lyddie before Surgery
Lyddie, on the other hand, had a nasally voice, snored, sleep apnea, but not the other issues Jude had. One day I just happened to look in her throat, and HOLY COW were those tonsils HUGE! I was able to get in with an Ear Nose Throat Dr. at the Children's Hospital. The appt. was 2 months out. As soon as she saw my children, she said we gotta get those things out. I though Jude might have had a deviated septum, but apparently it was his tonsils. His weren't as visible as Lyddie's. His were a 4 out of 5 (5 being the biggest). I thought, man Lyddie's must be an 8 then.
We weren't able to schedule the surgeries right away, because of school for Jude and a ballet recital for Lyddie. Lyddie was first. Her's was last month. She did really well. It took her no time to recover. Jude just had his yesterday. He also did very well. He is doing a better job taking his meds.
Lyddie's voice has changed. She sounds like one of the Chipmunks, but she now sleeps peacefully, no snoring. Her appetite is better.
Jude is still recovering, so will see whether his voice changes or not. His appetite is already insane, I can't imagine it getting bigger.
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Tonsillectomies
Posted by Brandie Lyon at 11:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment