My Children seem to be having these big milestones all at one time. It is making me very sad.
Jake turned 12. He is in boy scouts, middle school, and the Young Mens program at church. His Father will ordain him into the Aaronic Priesthood on Sunday as a Deacon. Before I know it he will be leaving on his Mission. Where does the time go?
Dallin turned 8 in December an was baptized a member of our church ( The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints). He now is old enough to participate in Cub Scouts. He just earned his Bobcat on Saturday at the Blue and Gold Banquet. By the way, I want to thank all the scout leaders for a job well done and all the hard work they put into their job.

Lyddie is 2 1/2 yrs. old. She is at the point where she doesn't take naps everyday, unfortunately. She just learned how to crawl out of her crib, thanks to Jude, so we had to turn her crib into a toddler bed. She loves her "Big Girl" bed. The first few nights she fell out a few times. We had to borrow a guard. Jason said to just let her fall out a few more times,"then she'll learn", he says. That's a man for ya. Anyway, I'm in depression mode about my children growing older. Is there anything I can do about it?
Thursday, March 5, 2009
My children are growing older and there is nothing I can do about it.
Posted by Brandie Lyon at 12:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
You can always have another one!
You can come stay with me and take care of mine for a little while - I'm sure you wouldn't mind doting over another little baby in about five weeks!
I wish I could be there on Sunday. It is so special to have your son hold the priesthood. Congratulations Jacob. Awesome on the Bobcat award. I loved having Jared in cubscouts. And Liddy just needs to come to see her cousin, Savannah. They would have so much fun together. She turns 3 at the end of the month.
I know how you feel...When I realize that Alex will be on his mission in 3 1/2 yrs I already miss him. 3 yrs go by soooo quick! I feel like my time is so limited to make memories with and impressions on him.
Savannah went to her very first youth dance a few weekends ago. She didn't want Shawn and I there, cause she was nervous. She had a blast and I was in such a surreal place as she rattled on and on about the whole experience. Doesn't seem possible that I have a 14 year old daughter!
Post a Comment