Friday, May 2, 2008

It should be part of our year supply


This blog entry is mainly for my Mother-in-law, Cheri. They were visiting a few weeks ago, and Cheri having the foresight that she does, decided to buy birthday presents for J and L since their birthday's are May and June. She was in the process of wrapping these presents before she left, when she ran into a snag. We had no scotch tape!! Now to Cheri, this was not acceptable!! So, I was reprimanded (not really)! Needless to say, she left without wrapping the presents, which is a bummer, because if any of you have ever gotten a present from her, or has seen under our tree at Christmas time, knows that the wrapping is probably the best part.
Not only did I not have scotch tape, but the only wrapping paper I had was Christmas paper. She wasn't happy with that either, but was willing to overlook it and deal with it. I think I moved down a few notches in her book then. Thus, I have seen the error of my ways, and realized the importance of always having "proper" wrapping paper and scotch tape on hand. I decided it needed to be one of those items for our year supply, so I went to Costco to stocked up. By the way, the reason I never have scotch tape is because my children use it for taping pictures on their walls, art projects, taping siblings to the wall, etc.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My dearest, most favoritist daughter-in-law! You're back on your pedestal! Love you, Cheri

Chris and Rita said...

We have issues with keeping scotch tape ready and available , too!

Chris and Rita said...

We have issues with keeping scotch tape ready and available , too!

Mormon Fam said...

I'm impressed that you went and bought wrapping paper. When Mom comes to my house, she brings her own, knowing I will only have Christmas paper if any! You're so great!

The "Easter" picture is adoreable. I love the stairsteps!