Saturday night we went out with some "couple" friends of ours(they will remain nameless since this is My confession). The ladies were suppose to go to a church meeting, but we skipped it. I know, shame on us, but we hadn't gone out in a long time. With "scrapaway" for the ladies coming up, and "mancation" for the men after that, this was the only weekend we could do it. I did record the conference for the ladies to watch at a later date. So we're not so bad. We went to eat at "Tres Margaritas". The plan after that was to go bowling, but we got there and there was an hour wait. So, we decided to go to the movies instead. The question was, did we want to see a thriller (for the men)or a chic flick (which would also be for the men if you know what I mean). Well, the men won, and chose the instant gratification of the thriller. Unfortunatley for them, I'm sure there was no "action" going on at home after the movie, like there would have been had they chosen the chick flick. We ended up seeing "Eagle Eye", which I would say would be a good rental. It was very intense. We, of course, hit Cold stone before the movie. I really enjoyed the evening and the company we kept. The car ride was very enjoyable because we split up men and women.
One of our conversations was about friendship. Most of us are living away from family. So we talked about how our friends are our "chosen" family. I really do have a great circle of friends here. I absolutley consider them my family. We really enjoy being together and find every excuse to do so. The strange thing was, yesterday at church, during Testimony meeting, many testimonies were about the same topic. I am so grateful that God has sent me here to Colorado and has given me such great friends, since I am so far away from family.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Confession time
Posted by Brandie Lyon at 8:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
OOOOhhhhh....I am so jealous! That sounds like fun!
Cute pictures.
When you said confession I thought it was going to be something good! You're such a rebel Brandie! How do you live with yourself? =P
I love your new family picture. Who took it? You guys look great.
Post a Comment