For those of you trying to wien your child from a pacifier, try this. I got this idea from "SuperNanny", We took all her "pluggies" (that's what we call them), put them in a bag and hung them on the tree for the "pluggie fairy" to get. Then the pluggie fairy came in the middle of the night and took the plugs and left a present. It worked! We talked it up for about a week to make sure Lyddie understood what was going to happen. She was very excited. In the video I have chocolate on my head. We just had FHE and I was cutting up frosted brownies. I can't believe Jason didn't tell me before videoing me. What a Jerk! Any normal person would say, "hey you have something on your head", but not Jason! Anyway, in the first video, she is not upset about giving the pluggies away, she's upset because she thought we were going "bye-bye", and when we came inside instead of getting in the car, she got mad . She did have a hard time going to sleep, but she wasn't asking for "pluggie", she couldn't decide what music she wanted to listen to. But I do think it was related. She woke up this morning ready to see what the "pluggie fairy" had left her.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
No more Pluggie
Posted by Brandie Lyon at 7:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
That was always a big day in our home too. Although both boys just gave it up easily. What a neat idea and that it worked!
what a great idea!! we did the snipping method where we just snipped the tips off and then kept snipping a bit more and gradually there wasn't enough to suck on.
What a great idea. I will try that if I ever have a kid that uses a pacifier. So far we are 2 for 2 in not using one.
I totally laughed about the chocolate. Not that it was there...I probably wouldn't have even noticed it...but about your comments on it being there.
I should have done that with my first so I didn't have the pain of finding the pluggies everyday until kindergarten.I was so retarded.
That is a great idea! I might have to try that, as Blake is still really attached. Thankfully we are just using them at night...
Post a Comment