This has been an eventful weekend. First of all we got our first snow of the season, which I don't think anyone was ready for. Friday was Jude's Kindergarten Field trip. Every Fall since we've been here we've visited Miller Farm. This year it was Jude's first school field trip. He was so excited! He had been sick all week missing a few days of school, but thankfully he was feeling well to be able to go to the farm. It was a bit chilly, but bearable. There weren't many veggies because of the freeze. This year we only got potatoes,carrots, 2 baby ears of Indian corn, and two tiny onions. Normally, the onions are as big as the kid's head, but this year they were all rotten. We normally end up not using all the veggies anyway, and they rot in our garage. Jude really enjoyed playing on the firetruck and riding the wagon train.
Today we took the 3 older boys to see the play "Wicked". Jason and I had seen it a couple of years ago, and we're very excited to share the experience with our children who are very familiar with the music. They really enjoyed hearing the music they love so much, and watching the play , and putting it all together to make sense. As I mentioned in an earlier blog entry, this is their early Christmas present. I think Mom and Dad did well this year. Although, they may be disappointed when we have to remind them of it on Christmas.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Farm/Wicked
Posted by Brandie Lyon at 9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Might have to be a pretty creative Christmas morning....
I want to see Wicked again. Once is not enough!
Post a Comment