Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Soda/Salt Free Zone

As part of my eating healthy resolution I have decided to stop drinking soda,and cutting way down on Salt. Which means I don't add salt to anymore food. For those who know me, know I love me some salt, so this is a big thing for me. This plan is to help me with weight loss. According to "The flat belly" diet, this is the way to do it. It actually does work for me, because a lot of my weight is in my belly. I haven't sworn these things off for good,because I don't think I would be successful if I did. However, I think I will stick with the low salt plan. As far as the Soda, I will allow myself a soda periodically. Like when Jason and I go out to eat, he orders a Diet Coke and I order water. Then I help myself to his drink. That's okay, don't you think? I do miss my trips to 7-eleven to get a Diet Coke with a splash of Dr. Pepper (my FIL introduced that to me), and my trips to Chick-fil-a to get a Diet Dr. Pepper, but I am surviving. Now's the time for you to praise me, because I haven't had anything but water for 2 weeks. I've decided that I will allow myself a Soda on Valentine's Day. So until then, it's water for me.

3 comments:

jlk said...

Two weeks is a long time! Congrats on that. You have much more will power than I.

Mandy said...

Good for you - the first two weeks is the worst. It definitely gets easier!

shelly said...

Way to go Brandie- I wish you tons of success! :) I get tired of water after awhile and one way I found to make it more "tastiful" is the true lemon packets. They come in lime, orange and lemon and help to give water a little pizazzzzz.