Saturday, December 1, 2007

Before and After!

Okay, so my mom was a child of the 60's, so she was a rebel at heart. She would let us do our hair however we wanted it. Her philosophy was, it is our hair, and it will grow back. So, she helped cut our hair, dye our hair, shave it bald if we wanted. I had a brother with very long hair, which eventually he cut except for the LOOOONNNG rat tail in the back. My younger brothers had mullats at one time. They were probably only 9 years old or so, so they didn't know any better. My sisters and I bleached and dyed each others hair at one time or another. Anyway, my point to the story is, I was trying to carry out that philosophy as well. Jake and Dallin wanted to let their hair grow long, like the style now. So I was letting them. But, I think I have been "Lyonized" to much( they like the clean,cut,wholesome look), to where it got to the point where I couldn't stand it anymore!! It was to hard to mess with in the morning, and it was just starting to look tacky. So, this morning I dragged them ( literally dragged Dallin) into the bathroom this morning and cut it off. So Grandma, this is for you. And if anybody sees them at church, tell them how "cool" their hair looks.


6 comments:

alison said...

those are fantastic pictures!! Poor Dallin though--he just looks heartbroken. Maybe you should spike it really good for church tomorrow and dye it pink again--they he'd feel like a real man again!

Jolayne said...

I can't even count how many times my older brother got his hair cut, hated it and cried about it when we were little kids. Funny now. Not so much then. Dallin does look pretty heartbroken.

mmmandy! said...

Where's YOUR rebellious side?! Any hairstyle, where Jake can put his hair in pigtails is AWESOME in my book. :) Your mom must've been the coolest!

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

Meanie!!! Come back home & you'll get your rebel nature back! Check out my latest post!

Erica said...

We'll see what happens to my boys as they get older and start to have an opinion.