Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Conference weekend


This Weekend was General Conference Weekend.
For those of you reading this who aren't members of my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, every 6 months we have a conference for members of our church around the world. All our leaders come together and teach us what the Lord wants us to learn. This conference was very enlightening. There were alot of "Articles of Faith" recited. I enjoyed many of the talks given,especially Elder Ballard's talk, what mother didn't. He really gave me encouragement. There was another speaker Saturday morning, I can't remember who it was, that spoke on using a softer tone dealing with our children. That's something I need to work on. In between sessions they talked about Elder Ballard telling us to take advantage of the internet for good. He said to share our testimonies and information about the church on our blogs. So, I've decided to do that. I think I will start posting an "Article of Faith" every month or so. This was a special conference since we got to sustain our new prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. He is such a wonderful man. He is so interesting to listen to. He is one I would actually pay attention to when I was younger. I know he has a testimony of Christ and his church, and will lead us in the right direction.
Jason and I were watching a show on the History channel,before conference started, about Jeruselam. The last thing the man said before the show went off was, " and that is the last time we had a living prophet on the earth". Wow, what this man need to know. I am so blessed to know we still are directed by a living prophet.

2 comments:

Cari said...

It was a great weekend. I can't wait to get our Ensign so I can read the ones I missed.

MaioCampo said...

Well, well, well... lose track of someone for a few years and one finds that it has been much longer than a few. Heh, heh.

This was a very nice General Conference, the first one in years where I sat through every General session.

Good looking family, by the way.