Sunday, August 24, 2008

Our New Addition to the Family

Check out my new ride!
Jason is loving playing with all the new gadgets
It's a tight squeeze in the garage. It touches end to end.

Well, we finally did it! We took the plunge and bought a new car. Jason and I (mostly me) have been toying with the idea of getting a new/bigger car. Our van worked nicely for us. All our kids fit in, but we couldn't fit anyone else in there. Plus our older kids were getting big enough that they would be smooshed in the back. We had done research test drove the Expedition EL. We even drove it home to see if it would fit in our Garage (it did, barely). We also checked out the Suburbans since they are having their employee discounts. Our dilema was our van would be paid off in Feb. So, we decided we wouldn't do it. We wanted to follow Pres. Hinckley's counsel to stay out of debt. Bummer for me!! Well, as you read and saw pictures in a recent blog, someone rear ended us in Utah. Jason did some reasearch and realized that because of the value of the van and what we owed, and how much it would cost to get it fixed, it would make more since to trade it in as is and buy a new car. We (me) prayed about it. The next day we called Costco (it is MORE than the land of Milk and honey[Carli]), they got us in contact with a car dealer, and he happend to have EXACTLY what we were looking for at an affordable price. We went and checked it out, test drove it, and 4 hours later we were driving home with a new Suburban. We love it! It was like everything fell into place, and we knew God was okay with us making this decision.

8 comments:

alison said...

HOLY WOW!!! Congrats on the new wheels! Bet the kids are having fun too.

Erica said...

Very nice- I love mine, however I have never owned a van. Enjoy it!!

Sara said...

GOOD GRIEF! THAT THING IS HUGE! It's really pretty, though!

shelly said...

It's beautiful! Welcome to suburbanland. :)

mmmandy! said...

Yay! From what Trav told me, I'd say it's pretty awesome! I'm really happy for you guys. :)

Cari said...

Jealous! Chris and I are like you guys. He paid for his car in full before we were married and we paid my car off before I quit working. We are drive-it-until-it-dies kind of folk. But, my cars backseat is going to be a very tight fit with 2 car seats back there so we are going to start looking for something bigger soon. Having a car payment again after 2 years is gonna hurt!

The Walker Family said...

I have no doubt you will enjoy this monster of a SUV! This summer we downsized to a Honda Civic. The only thing I do not like is how low it sits to the ground! I would definately loose if we were to hit one another! lol

Mormon Fam said...

Don't you love it. Yours is even the same color as ours (without all the scratches). All I can say is that I thought I would hate converting over from a van, but I love my suburban (except the gas mileage). I'm glad you guys were able to find something that fits your needs!