Sunday, August 10, 2008

Prettylella!!



Since I have 4 boys, I always worried that if I had a girl she would either be extremely girly or a tomboy. Well, my 5th unexpectedly was a girl. I have been waiting to see which way she would be. She appears to be pretty well rounded (thank goodness). She loves "bewful" dresses and hates ants. Anything unusual on the ground is "yucky".
Lyddie and I were searching for something in her closet a few weeks ago, when she found a princess costume that I bought at a yard sale last year. I had forgotten it was in there. She got so excited when she saw it! It has a picture of Cinderella on the front. She had to put it on immediatley. And was saying "prettylella"! Unfortunatley, we waited to long to pull it out, because it didn't fit her very well. I think it cut the circulation off on her arms, so I had to cut the seams. So, Grandma, Nana, Betsy, Sara, any volunteers to make a "prettylella" dress? It would be greatly appreciated, and you may just become Lyddie's favorite person in the world.
This same "bewful princess" will try anything her brothers do. I caught her outside the other day on her brother's skateboard, on her stomach, at the top of our driveway, heading down the driveway. It was very funny to watch. She landed in the rocks of course, but that didn't phase her one bit. She did it a number of times after that.
The next day the kids were going through the costume bucket and Lyddie found a witch costume that I bought last year. Of course she had to try it on right away.

3 comments:

alison said...

too cute!

mmmandy! said...

Do you think she would like one made out of duct tape? SOOO bewful! No? :)

I remember, years ago, you talking about what your daughter would be like, if you ever had a girl (looking at the difference between Rebecca and Emily). I always figured she'd turnout to be pretty cool with a great balance of girly and tomboy. Now you just need to get a picture of her wearing the princess dress WHILE riding on the skateboard!

Chris and Rita said...

What a sweetie pie!