Sunday, October 28, 2007

In Loving Memory of Rosemary Jeffers Hammons


Friday was the 7th anniversary of my mother's death. I thought about her alot on Friday. I miss her much. I especially miss her having this precious little girl around that she can't enjoy. I know she had a part in sending her to us. It makes me sad that she can't be apart of my children's lives, like going to ballgames, school/church functions, and hearing the cute things they say.
I try to talk about her alot so she can still be remembered by my children, even though Jake and Garrett are the only two who truly knew her. We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives and to have the knowledge that she is my mother and their grandmother for eternity. I hope that she will have the most gorgeous dress made for Lyddie when we see her again, since she didn't get to do it in this lifetime. My children know that when Jesus comes again, they get to see "mimi". I don't know if that is bad, that they may be more excited to see her than Jesus. But, I'm grateful that they understand the concept. She was a wonderful mother and grandmother. She was ( and still is I'm sure) a wonderful servant of the Lord. I hope she is enjoying the work she is performing right now. I can't wait for her to be able to continue her role as mother and grandmother.

2 comments:

alison said...

I'm so sorry--I never knew your mother had passed away.

Becky said...

I don't think it's bad for them to want to see Grandma. I think it provides a whole new perspective on the Second Coming when you have someone you're waiting to see again! They'll have such a strong faith in that. Now if only we knew when that would be. Eleanor always says, "When Solomon comes back I'm going to read this story to him, etc, etc."