Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Tribute to Jacob Perry Lyon


I was reading one of my friends blogs, and she had posted a picture of her son and said some really wonderful things about him. I thought it would be a great idea if occasionally I did a tribute to one of my children. I'm starting with my oldest, Jake.
Jake is 10 yrs. old ( 11 in March) and in the 5th grade. He's just finished all requirements to earn his Webelos ranking and his "Arrow of Light" (which is the only badge you can carry over into Boy Scouts). He's a very outgoing child, there's not a person who meets him and doesn't like him. He's very well liked in school. He enjoys playing football at school. He's taking piano lessons and enjoys playing. Jake is the best babysitter we have ever had. His two little siblings adore him. He takes very good care of them. He tries his hardest to be obedient. We challenged the boys to read the Book of Mormon this year and he is already in 2nd Nephi chapter 15. Jake is very handsome and has gorgeous blue eyes. He's also very photogenic as you can see. He's good at hamming it up in pictures too, and you can also see. We love our little Jakey.

7 comments:

alison said...

Jake IS awesome!! Always thought so, but you can't tell kids that--because then they get all embarrased and stuff.

But then I think all your kids are awesome--Colin would love to adopt Dallin.

Kris said...

What a great idea...and isn't he just a handsome little devil??

Erica said...

Love that idea. I think that I might need to do that someday.

Jolayne said...

That is great idea. Thanks for changing things around yesterday. We missed you at the breakfast.

Sara said...

I miss Jake!!! You need to move back!!! I used to be his favorite person in the world!

mmmandy! said...

Jake, Jake the Pillow Snake! We love Jake too. I think he was only 1 or 2 when I first met you guys. It's weird that he is almost old enough to receive the priesthood! One of my favorite things about him is his laugh. His laugh always makes me laugh even more. He's an awesome guy... I've always thought so.

Chris and Rita said...

HEY! Thanks for NOT giving me credit (by name) for the awesome idea!(: Kidding.
Rita