I like the Colorado law about being able to send your child to school wherever you wish as long as it is open enrollment. It seems the school system around here, I don't know if it is all of CO or just St. Vrain, has a bad reputation. I have been very pleased with CVA this year. Last year we had some issues, but worked through them. This year the kids all have great teachers. As always with this time of year, I'm looking ahead to decide where they should go next year. Jake will be in middle school. I'm convinced I don't want to send him to CVA next year, because their middle school program is still a little rocky. It would be so nice to have him be able to ride his bike to Coal Ridge, but I also hear bad things about that school. With the other Elementary school opening up next year, and the imagine Charter School, I Imagine, Prairie Ridge will be less crowded. So the thought of my other two children walking to school sounds really great. My other concern for sending them to these two schools is with the opening of the other schools, many of their church friend will be transferred, and I will have no friends to associate with there. Please, let me know your thoughts!
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
well, we've already conversed quite a bit about why we left cva, and we're happy at PRE. but the whole middle school thing is a bit hairy. just when i think that maybe coal ridge will be fine--i hear from another parent (even neighborhood ones) how they've had to pull their student and are switching to Mead Middle. Also--I was looking at the CSAP scores section that just came in the paper today, and Mead ranked a lot higher than Coal Ridge. I guess its something to pray about.
I'm confused... as usual. :)
I guess you have to live there to get it. (I'll just keep telling myself that.)
Yes! Come to PRE! I have no idea on Coal Ridge...
I too think that it is a blessing and a curse. All that I can say is do a lot of praying and do what is right for your family not what is the "popular" thing to do.
I have an idea! I will move back to Firestone and our kids can all walk to school together! Elementary and middle.
OR you could become a Utah mormon and live here by us and our kids can all go to our GREAT schools here. They are the highest ranked in the district.
Post a Comment