Since I started the "South Beach" diet this week, I've been trying to make dinners that we can all enjoy, which is an impossible task under normal circumstances, much less this one. So I made up a recipe. I put frozen chicken in the crockpot, added cream of celery, cream of chicken, minced garlic, frozen chopped onions, velvetta, and brocolli. I don't know if i'm allowed to eat the creamed soups or not, but I didn't eat much anyway. Everyone Loved it! They all ate everything. No fighting with anyone about how many more bites they have to eat ,or what's going to be taken away from them if they don't eat. You parents know the routine. I was very proud of my two older children who are the pickiest eaters I know ( besides Alison's son Colin, no offense) and hate brocolli, complimented me over and over. They ate the brocolli without any gripes. Wow, what a night. I was going to take a picture of it, but it doesn't look as good today as it did yesterday. Leftovers!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
no offense taken, LOL. Colin can be pretty bad. I think he might be coming around. Its funny they're picky about normal food, but they like broccoli and kale. go figure.
i'm so glad that everyone polished off dinner--its so satisfying isn'it it?
You go girl! I'm doing SB as well. I do the cream soups but I do believe velveeta is a no no. Four more days and I can have carbs!
Post a Comment