Okay, whoever started this thing must have been crazy. I'm going to give it a shot.
1. My favorite colors are purple and green.
2. My favorite flowers are hyacinth (smell) and pansy( look)
3. Pansies were the flowers for our wedding.
4. I love blogging.
5. I love reading everyone else's blogs.
6. I hate it when people find out I'm from Alabama and automatically start criticizing my accent.
7. I hate it when people correct me when I talk. I think it's rude!
8. I love going out to eat.
9. I love mexican food the best, I think.
10. I love road trips.
11. I was on the cover of the "New Era" when I was young. I won't tell you which one, because you might go looking for it.
12. I sang "I am a child of God" on T.V one time.
13. I don't have a solo voice.
14. I enjoy singing in groups.
15. I enjoy singing harmony, it's more challenging.
16. I look forward to SB Fridays.
17. I was in the Flag Corp when I was a sophmore in High School.
18. I was in choir all 4 years of HS. Believe it of not, that was the cool place to be.
19. I don't do well with math.
20. I can write a mean story, though.
21. I have almost died 3 times.
22. I have 4 brothers
23. I have 3 sisters.
24. I'm smack in the middle.
25. I hated it, I never had anyone to play with, because I was too young to play with the older siblings and too old to play with the younger siblings.
26. Needless to say, I was a mama's girl, because she would play with me.
27. I went from youngest of 2, to youngest of 4 in a very short period of time.
28. I have 2 adopted siblings.
29. I have social phobias.
30. I feel very uncomfortable walking into social situations by myself.
31. My best body features are my legs and butt(ocks). Unfortunatley, those are the ones least noticed.
32. I love shopping for Lyddie.
33. I LOVE ice cream!!!!
34. I especially love frosting with ice cream. Rainbow chip frosting is the best.
35. I have a major sweet tooth!
36. To go with 33-35, I have a weight issue.
37. I enjoy living in Colorado. It took us a while to grow accustom to it, but now we have some friends and that helps.
38. My parents were hippies. Maybe my mom more than my dad. ( Is that right dad?)
39. My mom wanted to name me serendipity. Can you imagine?
40. My mom had to sell her VW bug to pay for me.
41. I am about 4 months older than my husband.
42. I love having boys.
43. I try to teach them to be gentlemen.
44. It bothers me when people see my family and say, " oh, you finally got your girl".
45. I would have been happy with 5 boys. Although having a girl was a nice surprise.
46. I am a carboholic.
47. I love trying new drinks. Such as, diet pepsi Jazz drinks, or Dr. pepper flavor drinks.
48. My favorite drink is Diet Pepsi with Lime.
49. The Pepsi with Lime reminds me of being in Mexico.
50. I loved Seasame Street when I was little.
51. Before My siblings got home from school I would hide and tell my mom to tell them I was on Seasame Street.
52. I used to skip everywhere I went. My dad always knew it was me coming down the hall.
53. I have never had a traffic ticket ( knock on wood).
54. I have never marched in a parade.
55. I had a missionary come back for me. He served in my ward. We started dating ( after his mission of course), but decided it wasn't meant to be.
56. I have no marketable skills.
57. My biggest fear is my husband dying and leaving me, with no marketable skills, to raise 5 children.
58. When I was about 2 or 3, we went to Williamsburg, VA, and I would stand on the platforms where the tour guides stand, and sing.
59. My mom says I was singing the Messiah at age 3. She would hear " And the glory of the Lord", coming from the back seat of the car.
60. When I was Little, my favorite place to go was K-mart to get a slurpee.
61. I will be getting some "work done" one of these days.
62. I dated 3 other guys named Jason ( my husband being the 4th). Although we say we never dated we just got married.
63. My 2 sisters and I all had a best friend named Jennifer.
64. I think if I had been given the opportunity, I would have been a great Ice Skater or Gymnast.
65. You can bet I will be putting my daughter in those things as soon as she is old enough.
66. I did try my boys in those things, but there seems to be a stereotype about boys doing those things.
67. Opened cabinet doors drive me crazy.
68. I can't stand seeing people with their shirts tucked in and no belt on. It looks wierd. My boys end up doing that alot, only because I try to choose my battles.
69. I hate hearing people say " for reals".
70. I had my first "real kiss" at age 12. Okay call me a hussy! I did get into trouble.
71. The most rebellious thing I did as a teenager was cross a few balconies from the 5th floor ( I think). Because we were in the boys room and our Choir Director was doing a room check. So we had to get to our rooms before she caught us.
72.I got married the same year as 3 other siblings.
73. My parents were only sad to see ME go!!! (JK)
74. The artistic gene passed me by. All my siblings have it and my children have it.
75. My favorite calling was RS publicitor. It was when we lived in a married student ward at BYU. My job was to decorate the sister's doors for their birthdays, and put a stork in front of their apartment when they had a baby. Believe me I was busy. They don't call those things the rabbit hutches for nothin'.
76. I tend to have a lucky streak ( or gene, maybe). I win contests alot.
77. I enjoy shopping for SB stuff more than actually using it.
78. I'm not a cryer.
79. I love surprises.
80. I love hearing little children pray by themselves.
81. I think my children are the smartest and cutest children around.
82. I have such a strong testimony of mom's staying home to take care of their children. I'm so grateful that I can do just that.
83. I'm grateful that my husband feels the same about stay-at-home moms.
84. I have a very strong testimony of Tithing. Heavenly Father never lets us down. We are always taken care of.
85. I can't imagine not having the priesthood in my home.
86. I am not a pet person.
87. I hate cats.
88. My favorite animal growing up was a pig. I had pig everything. I am not exaggerating.
89. My brother brought home for me a real pig once. I was only able to keep it one night though, because we had no place to keep it.
90. I was somewhat of a tomboy when I was little.
91. I love getting together with friends.
92. I have a hard time with whiny children.
93. It bothers me when children question adults.
94. I hate talking on the phone. I prefer to e-mail.
95. We did paper, rock, scissors to name our firstborn. I won! If Jason won we would have had an Andrew.
96. We tossed a coin to decide whether we would call Jude, Jude or Eli, because Elijah is his first name. I won, again!! Mom's rock!!
97. I will only buy homes with front porches. I think it's a southern thing.
98. I love that my husband is so ambitious.
99. I love that he tries his hand at everything. It sure saves us alot of money.
100. I have been given the best husband and the best children in the whole world.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
100 random facts
Posted by Brandie Lyon at 5:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Hearing you talk about things from your childhood and you mom brought back a lot of childhood memories for me too. I spent many a night at ya'lls house. Good times!
I beleieve I broke your pet peeve of saying you finally got a girl! Sorry 'bout that. We have alot in common. What beer pong were you talking about under Pres. Hinkley? I didn't see it. Were you a carboholic at the time? lol
I feel like I hardly knew you at all before reading that list! Some things I knew, but a lot of it was stuff I had no clue about. Rock, paper, scissors, huh? I wish I had thought of that trick before. Then, again, I don't have the lucky gene so it's probably better that I didn't. :)
Very stream of consciousness. Love it! However, there are several things on here I need to hear "the rest of the story" on. Can't wait for SB Friday! :)
This is cool. I disagree about you not being artistic. You create art everytime you scrapbook! I also disagree about the marketable skills b/c I see how much those SB pages sell for!
love this idea. I learned alot about you.(:
Rita
We have a lot in common. I loved reading your list. When I was in 4th grade I really did raise a real pig.
Hey, where did you get that 100 questions thing? E-mail one to Rita so she can fill it out. Plus I see a few other cool things that you guys are doing on THAT side of the mountain that we aren't.
Comon, now...share!
Post a Comment