Monday, February 25, 2008

Blue and Gold Banquet


This was a popular night for the Lyon boys. Jake earned his Webelos, Arrow of Light, and they did his "cross over". The "cross over", for those who don't know, is symbolic for crossing over from cub scouts to boy scouts. It was quite emotional for a mom having her baby change from a cub scout shirt to a boy scout shirt. Where did my baby go?
Garrett earned his bear, and his "faith in God" award, plus numerous other badges and belt loops. I think everyone was tired of seeing the Lyon boys up there. But it's usually not that way, so it was their turn. I'm so proud of my boys.

4 comments:

Carli said...

Congratulations to all the Lyon boys!

Anonymous said...

BLUE AND GOLD = THE BOMB. The longer the better...too. As long as they are more than TWO hours I'm happy; just like a regular pack meeting. Make em long and drawn out!!

CUB SCOUTS FOREVER

-C and R. Utah.

Anonymous said...

Hi Brandie,

This is Jonny Kigin. Jana had mentioned that you had visited her blog. I hope you and Jason and all your family are well!

Crossing over would mean that he is 11?!?!?? Holy cow how time flies!

Take care of yourselves. I'll check back from time to time to keep posted on your news. Thanks for visiting Jana!

Erica said...

This is the one thing that I am not looking forward to with boys. I think that scouting is so time comsuming. But I know that the scouting program really helps these boys grow into wonderful people. I do hope to have 2 Eagle Scouts!!