Monday, February 18, 2008
A Tribute to Garrett Carter Lyon
Now it is Garrett's turn. Garrett Carter Lyon was born August 4, 1998. He is the 2nd oldest. He is 17 months younger than his older brother. Garrett is 9 years old and in the 3rd grade.
He enjoys going to school, playing with friends, drawing, and watching t.v. Garrett is a very loving kid. If you don't like Garrett, you don't know him. He's a very kind and loving person. He makes everyone he's around feel special. Garrett is a very enthusiastic child!
He does very well with spelling. He is doing very well with multiplication and geometry also. His last report card was amazing. The progress he is making is remarkable. We claim that he is going to be the next Einstein. There are many times you can stare at him and see the wheels turning in his head. He has earned his "Bear" badge and his "Faith in God" knot in scouting. He enjoys scouting and the many activities his Den gets to do. Garrett plays the drums in band this year. We think the drums are a good fit for him, and he seems to enjoy it. We put Garrett in swim lessons this year, which he seems to enjoy. Garrett is an amazing artists. He comes up with some great pictures. He would be a great animation artist. Look out Walt Disney!
Garrett is a great kid, and I'm proud to be his mom.
Posted by Brandie Lyon at 9:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
My Gig...Mr. Smiley. Enthusiastic definitely fits him.
Actually, Ashley and I have been secretly stalking your family. :-)
We look at your blog occasionally. Just yesterday Ashley asked me how you guys met, and we got to talking and I was wondering how old your oldest child must be. I can't believe he is over 10 years old. Thats amazing! I am happy to see your family so happy.
Jason, if you have the chance, send me an email sometime letting me know what kind of work you do, and some of the pros and cons about it. If I remember correctly, you are an electrical engineer? I graduate in August with my BSEE and am trying to decide what field to get into. I would love to hear any advice you have for me. If only I had been so willing to accept advice as a knuckle-headed young man. You were by far the coolest young mens leader I ever had.
Your friend,
Jude Collins
jude.ashley.collins@gmail.com
Garrett is the funnest to tease. I love the look on his face when he's being teased. It's kind of this smile mixed with a "what?!" expression on his face. (That probably doesn't make any sense to you, but it makes me smile just thinking about it.) And every time Christmas rolls around, we make sure that we break out both The Grinch AND The E-Grinch in Garrett's honor!
Anyone we can call "Mr. Gigglesworth" has to be the coolest!
Post a Comment