Saturday, March 1, 2008

Another Zoo trip!

Yesterday, the kids were out of school again. The weather was beautiful. Some friends were going to the zoo and invited us to go with them. My children weren't that excited about going, but they couldn't think of anything better to do. So we went to the Zoo. It turns out, we should have stayed home! The place was packed!!! Everyone and their cow was there. I had to park at the museum (urg!). We started searching for a parking spot in the garage. Not a spot in sight. While I was driving up the ramp, I turned the corner too sharp and scraped against the concrete wall. It did some damage to the van,and of course I had to park in North Dakota. Not a good start.
Towards the end of our day, one of my children, I won't say who because it was not a child in diapers, so he might be embarrassed, all of the sudden got a case of diarrea. I couldn't do anything about it until we got home and by that time it was down his leg and into his shoe. Oh, the joys of motherhood. While I was cleaning this mess, I was saying to my husband, there better be BIG rewards in heaven for moms having to do things like this. Because really, are things like throw up and diarrea necessary? Do we learn from situations like those? I don't think so!

8 comments:

alison said...

i'm sorry the day turned out so awful. hope today was better.

Jolayne said...

Ewww to the child who had to ride all the way home in that mighty uncomfortableness. Well, and to everyone else in the van as well.

Sainthood should be guaranteed to all who wash poop off of children.

Carli said...

yea. those parts weren't so fun. but it was a beautiful day... :)

Carli said...

and I second Jolayne's comment.

Cari said...

That stinks! Heehee, get it?!

mmmandy! said...

What's the blessing for dealing with adults that have that ailment? THAT should get some bonus points in the afterlife! :)

Let me know if you figure out what should be learned from those experiences... I'm not seeing the benefit either.

shelly said...

I totally agree with the throw up and diarrhea questions, that and woman problems... I think that will be the first thing I ask about when I meet Him. WHY????

Mormon Fam said...

I'm sorry I laughed so hard when I read this. Only a mother can really relate!